Carry on...

Do you have one of those hessian shopping bags?  You know the ones.  They are often printed with something that you'd never admit (even to your best friend) such as 'Gin stops me killing people', or 'Crazy Penguin Lady' or 'This bag is full of more crap than a politician'.  You get where I'm coming from?

Well today, while waiting in a café (my second of the morning, and it wasn't even 9.00) I noticed a rather elegant elderly gentleman (I was sitting in the window seat as I like to have a good nosey while I'm necking my body weight in caffeine).  He was carrying a hessian shopper with the words....wait for it...'Keep Calm and Hug a Pug'.  He was swinging it with no shame, and I have to report that there was no pug keeping him company.  

Now there are many things that I like to do to reduce my blood pressure.  These can involve reading, writing, dead-heading my flowers (or someone else's if the mood comes upon me while I'm away from my front door) or just walking in the woods with the two furballs.  Not once has it ever crossed my mind to bend down and hug a four legged version of Darth Vader with a spittle issue.  But each to their own I suppose.

I have several shopping bags, none of which match and these come out the house every Friday for Market Day with Mrs H. We each have a multicoloured shopper made out of recycled plastic bottles which she brought back from Ethiopia. Then there is the canvas one which I bought in Scotland which has a beautiful Highland Cow on the side.  And lastly, I have one of those gargantuan bags which folds up into an Oxo cube size and has it's own bag - very posh having a bag with its own bag.  In human terms that's like wearing two coats I suppose. 

Each bag has its own purpose.  The plastic one is used just for my vegetables. This has been the case since an unfortunate incident with a punnet of raspberries, which, having been bundled by several King Edwards, a cauliflower, two swedes and a Savoy cabbage finally gave up the ghost half way home leaving a red puddle of mush in my footwell which had seeped through the holes.  Actually, the husband asked me if I'd started collecting roadkill when he saw the mess.  I now use the cow bag for my fruit (raspberries on top) and the big bag is used for anything else.  Our market is great, so there could be anything in this final bag from a greetings card to a pair of loose trousers (or the biggest doughnut in the world if the mood takes me).

Miss R bought me the 'how small can you fold me up' bag, and informed me that it is called a Nerdy Bag.

Well ladies,  I have one of those at home...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...