Blueberry hill...

As you all know, Friday is Market Day for me and Mrs H (she's Italian, and likes to look at all the fruit in a most sniffy manner as most of it looks like what the Italian stallholders would chuck away).

Speaking to the lady who runs the fruit and veg stall (I'm not sure whether she is actually in charge, but as the only female out of eight fruit and veggie people, we have to assume that she is probably the only sensible one there, and is therefore The Boss}.

I was telling her about my blog this morning, and she asked me what the name was as she was going to take a look later.  I leant across her satsumas, and told her, and followed that up with, 'Actually, you have featured a couple of times already'.  No sooner were the words out of my mouth, that the hairs stood up on the back of my neck faster than the husband at a recent wedding when he hadn't noticed that my fascinator was on his chair - those feathers can be very probing, you know.

Anyway, back to the fruit and veg Mafia Boss Lady.

I've been trawling my head all day as to the comments I might have made, and have asked myself questions like these:

Have I ever...

...said that the runner beans definitely came last in the national bean race

...grumbled that the greens were anything but

...moaned that her melons were far too soft

...carped about the bent carrots - don't you have any straight ones?

...got pithed off (sorry) about the oranges 

...bleated that the bananas were not appealing

...protested that her peaches were too firm

...said that she had a nice pear (sorry yet again)

...whinged about the small watermelons (needed two for a Dirty Dancing party)

...grouched about the seedless grapes having seeds which got stuck under my bridge

...complained about the size of her Kind Edwards (actually, that might be her father in law - it's a family affair)

But I'm happy to confirm that I have had nothing but lovely to say about this stall.  

So if you are reading this, Mafia Boss Lady of the Fruit and Veg Underworld, my Cox's were firm and the nuts delicious.

Actually, I'm just off to smash my avocado.

Scrap that, I meant the husband - the Wincing Mincer is driving me round the bend, and perhaps I'll find a use for that leek I bought earlier after all.

And it won't be a Vichyssoise...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...