Long and winding road...

'We'll have an easier day, today', was the husband's opening gambit this morning.  I think that he might have sensed that the old trotters were about to go on strike after the past few days, so I smiled gratefully at him over his bacon and eggs this morning.  'Yes' he continued, 'I think we will circumnvigate Loch Tay,'.

Now, Loch Tay is over fourteen miles long, so I was confident that the car would be doing the hard work rather than my size 7s.  

And so it came to pass...

We went anti-clockwise (the husband likes to live on the edge) and after a couple of hours of skin of your teeth driving, finally found civilisation in the form of a marina.  It looked lovely, but I was a bit disappointed as it looked more like something you'd find down south, unlike other places we had been which had complemented the surroundings.  But we stopped anyway.  I'm learning this about Scotland. If you come across an eaterie or a WC, make the most of it.  Heaven knows when the next one will appear.  So, we ordered up drinks and a couple of pizzas for lunch.  When the chap told me the final bill, I realised that the bar's appearance was not the only thing it had in common with back home...

Loch Tay is astonishly beautiful.  Everywhere you look, there is something to comment on and we continued our circuit in the afternoon.  And then is dawned on me.  The first half of the route is forbidden to lorries, caravans and motorhomes as it's so skinny.  The other half, which is approximately five inches wider is the preferred route for these types of vehicles.

'This is the way we are heading when we leave in the morning', said the husband.  'We've got about a hundred miles of this'.

I am anticipating a pretend snooze for the first two hours of the journey further north.  It's either that or the husband will be asking me where the First Aid Kit is, as his left arm will be covered with bruising, bitemarks and minor lacerations where I have panicked at every hairpin bend.

I've never been a fan of a ride of the white-knuckle variety...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...