White wedding...

Today is a good day.

Why is that, do I hear you say?  After all, it's not even Friday.  Well dear ladies, today, someone switched the hamster wheel of life off after a month of trying to break me and the world speed record simultaneously.

There's been a small matter of a wedding if you remember.  Two weeks in gorgeous Italy celebrating the wedding of the eldest of our offspring.  Twelve days ago, daughter number one changed her name to Mrs Arthur Daley (her lovely new husband is in the motor industry hence the pseudonym).  It was a truly magical day, and one that our family will remember forever.  The sun shone, the bride shone and even I shone after seven Limoncellos.  Unlike the sun and the bride, my shine wore off the next day around 3am....but the less said about that, the better.

The husband managed to deliver the most beautiful speech on the day, and I was so proud of him.  Several people came up to me afterwards and said that he'd made them cry.  I am assuming that it was the emotion of the speech which got them 'right there'  and not that he'd gone around kicking the bridesmaids or nicking their drinks.  As you all know, we wives can't be there to supervise our husbands every minute of the day...

As well as gaining a fabulous new son in law, it looks like a new daughter in law in on the way also.  Son number one, having seen how wonderful married life could be (after five days of watching his sister smiling) decided to propose to Little Miss Tiny.  Again, I am thrilled that the idea of joining our lunatic family didn't put her off, and wedding number three (daughter number two and Jolly Sock Man tie the knot next year) is now on the cards.

Which just leaves son number two...

As he is still very young, there is no pressure on him as yet to pop any kind of question to anyone, but it does raise the issue of a blog name for his lovely girlfriend.  Since getting to know her better, I have decided that she is probably one of the bravest girls I have met.  I mean, for a start, she is going out with son number two and it's no mean feat taking on a man with a 'getting ready regime' such as his.  No, it's more that she has slotted in really well with all of us, totally fearless of the rent-a-mob which is my family.  Oh, and she jumped into the sea one day with no worries whatsoever of things with teeth which might be lurking there.  Like I said, brave girl.  So I think that Marina will suit her.   Watch this space...

So anyway, the husband and I returned home last week after our two weeks' holiday.  I'm not saying that we didn't have much down time, but when the husband came home yesterday and suggested a few days away in the Wobble Box to recover from aforementioned holiday, I almost bit his hand off.

Somerset, we will be on our way soon...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...