Guess who's back....

So I left Binland on Friday...

Not for any reason that they could have sorted, but purely because it was the right time to do it.  As you might remember, I have always joked about leaving Binland in a wheelie bin (or a skip if the cake consumption reached abnormal levels) but time moves on for us all, and family life seems to need me more than the bins of South Oxfordshire just now.

And so it means a massive change in my life.  All of a sudden, there are worries from the past seven years or so which are no longer relevant...

How's my hair looking?
As someone blessed (who am I kidding) with hair which can resemble an explosion in a mattress factory on a good day, it was a decision made each morning as to the level of repair work needed to look presentable enough to foist on my workmates.  Some days I was lucky, and a simple spritz of styling spray would suffice.  But most days, it would be necessary to grapple with a Tangle Teaser (not much teasing ever done with my hair, I can tell you) and half a can of concrete hold mousse.  If this failed, then it was back to basics with the shower. But now, all I need to do it tie it back tightly with a scrunchie.  As well as being time efficient, this also has the benefit of providing me with an Essex Facelift and dropping ten years, so an added bonus.

Do my I have anything that fits?
As someone whose weight goes up and down more times than a frog in a lift, these are the days I always dreaded.  Today, I have started selling my work clothes online and even the ever-forgiving, elasticated waistline dress has gone to a new owner.

Will I be back in time for the dogs?
Percy and Reg, the two toilet-brush lookalikes that we share the house with are German, and therefore extremely clever.  Percy (the more adult of the two) waits till the clock reads 1.15 and then sits patiently by the front door waiting for my car to pull into the drive.  Reg is not so clever, but rather than wait patiently, chooses to launch himself at the front door until I bravely put the key in the door and try to get in.  Hopefully, now I have given up work, my front door will need less filling and repainting...

As well as all of these issues disappearing, the greatest gift will be time, and that's what I am most excited about.  Time to spend with my family, time to write, time to swear at the rabbits who insist on eating everything in my allotment and time to spend with the husband (more on him tomorrow).

It's lovely to be back with you.  This blog seems a bit tame after previous offerings, but no doubt I will 'warm up' as my ramblings speed up...









  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...