Twist...

And so it came to pass that the first pair of trousers with an elasticated waistband were purchased...

In fairness, I bought them from Next rather than oldladytrouserstyles.com so there is an element of style about them, but still.  All I can say is thank goodness for big belt loops as I managed to cover up the incriminating evidence with a suitably wide belt.  

As the oldest person(by a couple of decades) in the sales team at Binland, there are the odd occasions when my age is brought to the fore.  Tuesday was a good example.

After the expressive Mr Gove (does he use Botox as the top half of his face never moves?) announced that if you could work from home for the next six months then you should, I was speaking to my 'young enough to be one of my kids' boss about staying indoors for six months.

'The trouble is', I said, 'is that if I don't have to make an effort to look passable each day for work, then there is the slim chance I might let myself go'.

It was at this point that the little voice in my head (who can be a tad annoying on occasions) piped up with, 'What, like wearing trousers with an elasticated waistband?  You'll be wearing pop socks with a skirt next and having a blue rinse'.

Personally, I can't see the problem.  If you look at various famous ne'er-do-wells, they all wear trousers with elasticated waistbands.  It would appear that if you slap a designer logo on them and call them 'lounge wear' or 'trackie bottoms' then it's ok to have these in your wardrobe.  Perhaps I am looking at this all wrong, and instead of calling them 'pull on three quarter length culotte style trousers', I should relabel them as lounge wear.

Mind you, the husband hasn't seen them yet, and I fully expect a tirade of loving insults which will probably involve some reference to BHS (no longer trading but he won't remember that) and the Artful Dodger.  He's not too clued up on the fashion world, so I won't take these insults to heart.

However, a swift kick to the Dickens might be required if he carries on too long...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...