Back to life...

Well, what a few months that has been.  Let's get the serious stuff out of the way first shall we ladies?  I hope that like me you have managed to work your way through lock-down in a safe and sane manner.  I calculate my own measure of success on the fact that the husband is still breathing, and not been used to form an interesting raised bed in the middle of the lawn. 

My last post was after the dubious haircut (think Ken Dodd) which the husband gave me, and since then my days have been taken up with work and not much else.  I came to the conclusion that publishing daily blogs along the line of 'woke up, worked, ate and slept' wouldn't be that entertaining, and to be honest, the idea of switching my work laptop off and my personal one on was not high on my agenda at the end of a long day.  

So you all know how much I adore Binland, and I am extremely grateful that I was able to work through the last few months and feel a bit useful.  I've worked from home right through,and the two four legged reprobates I share my home with have been overjoyed that I have been there to basically watch them sleep the whole morning.  Up till now, I have always believed that they pined at the front door for a while before wandering round the house looking for trouble after I left for work.  Well apparently not, which fills me with confidence for when I head back to my Binland desk next week.  I do have a feeling that as I make my way to the front door with car keys in hand, I will have them both wrapped round my ankles wailing 'Don't leave us!'  

The dogs are both on diets now that we are starting to get life back on track, after a particularly mortifying walk of shame from the scales at the vet's last week.  They even printed out a chart for them both showing how their weight had 'soared' (her word, not mine) over the past five months.  I wanted to say to her, 'Haven't we all dear?' but the look on her face told me that she wouldn't be forthcoming on the humour front, so I kept my trap shut.

Which is basically what the two boys are now doing.  They now have a daily allowance of three mini dog biscuits each, and I find myself saying to them, 'When they're gone, they're gone' much to the husband's mirth.

I don't know what he's laughing at though.  Now I am back doing the food shopping each week, I'll be rationing his pork pies, Monster Munch (Pickled Onion flavour), Carte d'Or ice cream and trifles.  

Let's get life back on track, shall we...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...