Cuts both ways...

The husband is in a state of shock...

With this blessed lock down, I have been moaning about my hair for several weeks now.  I am nine weeks overdue for a haircut, which will teach me not to cancel any appointment I may have, thinking it will be fine to go in the following week.  As well as the length of the hair, there is also the issue of a grey and rather dull looking parting across the top of my head, but I am resigned to the current 2020 style trend of The Badger, so am kind of okay with that.  

'I could cut your hair for you', piped up the husband one evening this week.  'Really?' I said, my non-existent eyebrows (these also need colouring in) shooting up further than a Starlink satellite.

'Well', he continued, in what I considered to me a measured and fairly sane tone, 'I reckon I've been out with enough hairdressers to know what I'm doing'.  Now based on that theory, I should be really good at mushroom picking, horse shoeing and heart surgery, but let's not go there.  

So I said to him...'OK, you can cut my hair'.

He blanched at this point, never thinking that for one second I would let him with a meter of my hair with a pair of scissors, but in these weird and wonderful times, we sometimes have to step outside of our comfort zone and try new experiences.

On Tuesday evening after we had both had a couple of drinks (bad idea, I know, but I was the one who needed the drink), I sat myself down in the kitchen chair while the husband laid out all the paraphernalia he felt necessary for a trim.  Tail comb, check.  Hair clips, check, scissors, check.

His hairdresser banter was awful, there was no cup of tea, and there were a couple of comments mid-cut which caused concern..

'Does that cutting noise sound the same as the hairdresser when she does it?''

And my favourite in answer to the 'Why are you so close to my scalp?'

'Well I'm just cutting a knot out'.

So I am now rather shorter in the hair department than before. The husband did rather a good job to be honest, although I am listing slightly to the right which I managed to rectify with a change of parting to the left rather than the right.  

Speaking of haircuts, the woofers are booked in next week for their usual wash and go, and the groomer emailed me to confirm the appointment.  I called them back to make sure that it was right as you can sometimes get these automatic emails which might have bypassed the current pandemic.

'Oh yes, we're operating a sterile environment for the dogs, but if you are nervous, we are happy to cancel', he said.

'Oh no, I don't want to cancel', I said hurriedly.  'I just wondered whether there was room for another small job after you've done the the boys'.  Needless to say, he said that his services were restricted to those with four legs, but it was worth a try.

I am now hoping that the lock-down is going to continue for a few weeks longer, as I am going to have to start looking for a balaclava to wear if I'm back at work before July...

But it was funny...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...