She's leaving home...

Well ladies, the big day arrived today.  After almost five years of sharing a room with Master J and Master P (so small, it's really just a cupboard with a window and a plug socket), we finally moved into a larger room across the corridor. This room is so big that I have told the boys that I will be investing in a megaphone so that I can shout very loudly across the room, 'Whose round is it?' This normally results in a mug of your finest PG being set down next to my left elbow, and I see no reason why this should stop.  At least I am nearest to the door.  I have a feeling that a large portion of Master J's coffee may have evaporated by the time he makes it to his desk at the other end of the room.  

There were some major discussions as to whether the map of the world on one of the walls could remain in situ, having been left behind by the office's previous occupants. 

'I think it should stay', said Master P, standing with his back pressed up against it in case one of us was tempted to pull at the turned up bottom left corner.  'It'll be handy when I go cold calling'.  

Now Master P's sales area goes as far as Witney, I think that this map may be over egging the proverbial pudding somewhat as I can't see him heading off to Tobago to sell skips.  Master J and I almost caved and let him keep it up, until we remembered a white board which still didn't have a home.  So the map had to do the long walk down the corridor to another room which has seen very little human action over the past years.

The final part of the room move was bringing the wardrobe in.  This had to be completely emptied, moved and then refilled.  'It's all a bit Narnia. isn't it', said Master J, manhandling a large stack of paraphernalia back onto the shelf.

'Narnia?' said Master P.  'What's that?'

Oh that boy needs some education...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...