Time for Bedlam...

What a few days I've had.  I'll be honest with you, I've been in my pyjamas since 5.07pm and would imagine that by 9.00pm I'll be heading wearily upstairs.

Yesterday was the annual Schnauzerfest walk.  Last year's was interesting to say the least, and for several weeks afterwards was referred to as Shagfest because of Percy, who, after several years of celibacy discovered he had a sex drive courtesy of a bearded little strumpet whose name escapes me.  So you'll appreciate my trepidation as I pulled up in the car park of Wittenham Clumps with my dogs, daughter number two and best friend Mrs S.  

This year, I had made the brilliant decision to rope in as many helpers as possible and it worked.  The walk went smoothly with thirty seven schnauzers walking together to help raise money for other schnauzers who are rescued from lives of hell.  The money we raise is spent on getting them physically better, and then the wonderful folk at the Diana Brimblecombe Animal Rescue Centre attempt to make them mentally and emotionally whole again with the hope of finding them new homes.

I love this weekend, and I also love the feeling of being a tiny part of something so special.  We raised over £300 yesterday, so with all the other walks taking part throughout the country this weekend, we should be able to do some good things this year.

So that was Saturday.

Today,I have been digging with one of my neighbours, working on making a communal area look better and provide a haven for bees. 

It's a steep bank full of interlopers called Spanish Bluebells which we are going to turn into a beautiful area of English wild flowers.  Three hours of digging this afternoon, bent double like an Kirby grip, and I got home at 4.00 wondering whether that was too early to go to bed.

Slumping down on the sofa with a well earned cup of tea, i picked my book up and opened it up.  And then there was a knock at the door.

Hauling my sorry carcass off the sofa, I opened the front door to be greeted by another of my lovely neighbours.

'Can I book you in for a community litter pick next Sunday?'

Of course I said yes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...