Systematic...

Have you heard of the phrase involving an old dog and some new tricks?  Of course you have, and this describes the last two weeks of my life quite neatly.

We have a new computer system at Binland you see, and for someone who is a bit of a Luddite where anything IT is concerned, it's been a bit of a struggle for me.  I'm not the only one, I am pleased to say.  Masters P and J, and also Mr W (my 'young enough to be a distant nephew' boss) have also found it a bit of a challenge.  As Master P put it the other day, 'It's a bit like giving a Spitfire to a five year old and saying, 'Off you go then - Kent's that way'.

I'm sure that as time goes by I'll get the hang of it, but at the moment it feels like a two horse race between me learning it and my possible demise.  Hopefully, my brain will outdo my three score and ten...

As I write, I am surrounded by dog biscuits, paper bags and an over sized photo frame.  All in readiness for Saturday's Schnauzerfest.  I had decided not to put myself through the wringer this year by making three hundred cheesy dog biscuits and instead chose to hit t'internet to bulk buy a large quantity of various canine culinary delights.  On Sunday, I had a bit of spare time, and calculated that this was cheaper than actually making them myself.  

I suppose I only had myself to blame for this as you can see below...

a) I made far too many biscuits and Percy and Reg were still trying to work their way through them at Christmas.  Around November they had started running for cover every time I opened the treat tin.

b) There was no reason whatsoever to use the best cheese in the biscuits.  I'm sure that schnauzers wouldn't tell the difference between a mature Wenslydale or a Number 3 off the Tesco budget cheese shelf.

3) Bone shaped cutter - I did buy one off t'internet, but maybe I could have thought this through and used my round mince pie cutter.  Would a dog really turn its nose up if a treat wasn't bone-shaped?  I know I wouldn't.

But a lesson has been learned, and I will spend a very happy Friday afternoon counting out biscuits and treats into fifty paper bags for Saturday.

You see, there are some things I am really good at which will never change.

How could you possible improve bag stuffing?

Any ideas?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...