Strange fruit...

Sitting on the sofa last night watching some two dimensional drivel about a pleasure cruiser and an unfaithful farmer, I said to the husband, 'That, my friend, is a perfect pear'.  He looked at me (this was not focused where it should be, as his eyes were settled somewhere around vest level).  'No complaints here either!' he quipped.

Well ladies, I gave a most dramatic eye roll and gestured to the Conference pear I was eating.  'This is just right', I said.  'but give it another five minutes and it'll be all soft and over ripe'.

This is the problem I have with a pear.  They give you a window of opportunity of around three and a half minutes when the pear is just perfect.  Try and eat one before this time and you run the risk of shattering your dentures.  And afterwards is just as bad, when the pear is just a squidgy mess.  Bite into that and you will be guaranteed a clothing change before the pear is finished.  Was it the wonderful Terry Wogan who used to say that a mango should only be eaten when you are naked and in the sink?  Well, the pear is the same in my opinion...

The husband has just about recovered after his week up and a down a Spanish mountain, and I must have known that he would have reached the depths of misery at having to go back to work this week, as I booked something for this weekend for us to look forward to. 

Do you like War of the Worlds?  I just love the story and the music, and this weekend we are off to London to immerse ourselves in a virtual reality experience accompanied by the music. We will have to wear these virtual reality headsets, and I have been told that motion sickness is a possibility.  Looking at the snippets I've found on t'internet, third degree burns, abject fear and death are also possible.  I'm hoping that a couple of Kwells taken before we go will help with the travel sickness, but I haven't quite worked out how to protect myself from the other three.  

I'll probably just say what I always say to the husband when faced with something a little daunting.

'After you, my love'...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...