Spice up your life...

You'll be impressed to learn that I seem to have finally mastered the new Binland computer system.  I'm not saying it's been easy (hair has been pulled out, alcohol has been imbibed on a Friday afternoon and there has been some abundant and rich swearing from yours truly - this is confined to my car when I leave Binland as I wouldn't want to sully the ears of the little cherubs I work with.  

Now there are three of us in the sales team at Binland, and one of us (not mentioning any names in case the boss is reading) is dragging his feet a little when moving across from handwritten contracts to computerized ones.  So myself and my other colleague decided today that it would be a grand wheeze to hide the old fashioned contracts to dissuade him from using them anymore.  This may sound harsh, but now that I have got the hang of this new system, I do see its benefits, so naturally, I want the whole team working from the same hymn sheet.  

When I left Binland at lunchtime, he was ferreting through his laptop bag and car in the hope that he might find a small stash of agreements to keep him going.  We will continue trying to help and encourage him in the use of the new system though.  My other colleague was extremely helpful today and told The Reluctant One that we weren't going to talk to him anymore till he got on board.  Luckily, we all have a good sense of humour in the sales cave, so I reckon that before the week is out, we will have him sold on the new way we do things.

Coming home this afternoon, I decided that as the weather was not conducive to a dog whose undercarriage is a mere eight inches from the floor, I pulled out my herb and spice boxes to give them a bit of a sorting out. Half an hour later, I came to the conclusion that a) I never look in either of these boxes and b) I can't count.  Seven jars of ground cinnamon (five of which predated 2012), three of cumin seeds, all of which were opened, half full and out of date, one jar of Chinese Five Spice circa 2009 (naturally unopened and never been out of the cupboard until today when it went in the bin) and various other jars of dried out suspicious looking stuff.

I'm surprised anyone has lived to tell the tale after dining here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...