Silence if golden...

The last time we spoke, you'll remember that I was in full flat cleaning mode, getting ready to hand daughter number two's flat over to a new owner. This all went beautifully to plan, and I'm pleased to say that she and Arthur Daley are now nicely settled in their new abode.  When Friday opened its tired eyes, and stretched its bones, making some rather worrying noises (OK, I admit it, that was me) I said to the husband that I was really looking forward to a quieter weekend.  

We failed naturally.

On Friday night we drove over to Abingdon to spend the evening in our next door neighbour's cafe.  After dark, the cafe sheds its pinnies and carrot cake and turns into a den of inequity courtesy of some rather lovely wines and live music. We decided to eat there, so having had a rather large raspberry gin, I opted for the Chicken Pesto.  This was absolutely delicious, and I ate the lot, forgetting in my gin-fuddled state that pesto has Parmesan in it.

So that gave a beautiful reaction of five days of migraine (hence the silence).  The first two days weren't too bad, and I managed to attend a local bash ('we'll stay a couple of hours and then come home' was the plan).  But of course, we had such a fabulous time that we were still there eight hours later, despite the fact that I had managed to have two drinks thrown over me within an hour.  In case you're wondering, I hadn't upset anyone, I just seem to have the misfortune to have very expressive friends who wave their arms around willy-nilly.  The only saving grace was that I was wearing a floral number and that all the drink was red.  Half an spent in the downstairs loo wringing out various sections of my frock with warm water and lavender hand wash, and I was good to go.

And then, as the migraine reached its peak around Sunday, Mother Nature handed me a small gift.  'Here you go,' she said.  'Have a head cold'.

So the husband is taking me off in the Wobble Box tomorrow for some much needed peace and quiet.  My nose can resemble the Queen Mary coming into dock at times, so I fear that this will be thin on the ground.  

If you get wind of an earthquake tremor around the Cotswolds, that'll be me I expect...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...