Good days, bad days...

And breathe...

After almost a month of playing virtual ping-pong with the husband with various strains of The Lurgy, it is with relief that I am back at my desk with life slowly getting back to some level of normality.

I have to say that this morning didn't get off to the best of starts though.  The husband had the small task of dropping a cheque into the bank last Thursday. This isn't a big ask, as he is currently working around seven yards from the bank, and I felt quietly optimistic that the neatly handwritten envelope containing cheque and payment slip would be handed in.  

Getting home that night, he told me that the bank was closed on a Thursday, so he'd have another go on Friday.   Well that was OK, and it would have continued to be OK if he'd actually remembered to take the cheque to work with him (something I discovered much later in the day when there was nothing I could do to get the cheque paid in).

So this morning, I made the decision to head down into town very early, and drop the cheque (still in the neatly handwritten envelope) into the bank's letter box.  I would then go and get some food for the very empty fridge and would be in Binland by 8.00 to kick the week off in style.

I stood outside the bank for half a minute before finally accepting that the letter box was no more.  I'd seen the sign explaining that they would 'no longer be offering a letter box service' but continued to look for alternative options, even wondering whether I could slide the envelope under the door.  What does the cessation of a letter box service mean anyway?  Someone having to bend down and scoop the envelopes out of a knee high wire basket is hardly pushing H&S to new levels of horror is it?

So it was a very fierce Bird who stomped back to her car with a by now much crumpled envelope.  Waiting at the t-junction while hoards of cars sailed past, another waste company's bin lorry stopped right in front of my car meaning that all vision was obliterated.  

And do you know what I did ladies?  

I sneered at the bin lorry.

I must say, it made me feel a whole lot better about that bloody cheque...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...