At the zoo...

Despite both feeling like we'd been run over ( nothing common about our colds, I can tell you), the husband and I sallied forth to the Cotswolds in the Wobble Box for some much needed P&Q (peace and quiet, and not lessons in polite conversation).

The site was a mere hour's drive away, and once settled, the husband suggested a walk to the local pub for dinner.  'Thirty three minutes', he said studying his mobile phone.  'I'll bring my torch as it'll be dark when we walk back'.  Packing my £6 garage forecourt torch amidst much torch snobbery and derision, we headed out to the pub for a pre-booked table for 7.00.  

By 7.05, we were still in the middle of nowhere, and I was questioning the husband's orienteering skills.  And then finally, fifty seven minutes after we set off, there was the pub.  A great meal was had, and as we stepped out into the darkness, we both reached for our torches like a couple of cowboys.  Mine came on first.  The husband's didn't come on at all.  'Bloody thing, I've had that on charge all day', he muttered as he commandeered my torch (torch holding is a blue job apparently).  I didn't gloat ladies, I promise, but boy, there were many opportunities.  This is a sign of a good wife - knowing when to keep your gob shut.

Neither of us felt like doing much on Saturday, so the husband suggested that we simply cross the road outside the campsite and take a walk around the Cotswold Wildlife Park.  What was really great was that the dogs were allowed as long as they were on short leads controlled by an adult (questionable).We had a fantastic time, and I saw something which up till now I'd thought the stuff of fairy tales.  A baby donkey.  I fell head over heels with this gorgeous, leggy, long eared bundle of fluff and it took the husband some time to get me out of the Petting Zoo.  I did say that he should have taken my advice and set a time limit as to how long I was allowed to be in there, but there you are, you learn.

There were guinea pigs, rabbits, goats and more donkeys, and I asked the husband if we could swap the woofers for a couple of donkeys. He wasn't convinced, but as I said to him..

''At least they'll keep the grass short, and I'll have something for the roses'...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...