Time after time...

Before I launch into today's banal meanderings, can I just say a quick thank you to all of you.  It's very humbling to have such kind and generous messages from people I have never met. Perhaps we should all meet up so that I can buy you a cup of tea.  Not too sure that there is a cafe big enough to take us though, so please accept my thanks which are winging through the ether to you.

I didn't mention it yesterday, but the one downfall of going all the way to America is that you have to come all the way back again at some time.  With an eight hour time difference, it was always going to take my wrinkled old body clock several days to catch back up with UK time.  Saturday and Sunday nights were both spent with eyes as wide as a jay-walking rabbit while I listened to the husband gently snoring beside me.  (That man can sleep through anything, if only I could say the same).  

At Binland on Monday, I very helpfully directed the man who had come to collect the shredding to the ladies' loo.  In fairness, I had asked him whether it was the sensitive waste bin he was emptying.  This is the correct name for the bin in the ladies' loo which is usually full of laddered tights, dress receipts, ('New? This old thing?' You know where I am coming from ladies), the detritus of a cleared out handbag (well, you have to do something while you're sitting there) and the odd carrier bag (see receipts).

Sitting back down at my desk, he was soon back to explain that he wasn't after THAT type of waste, and would I be so kind as to tell him where the confidential waste bin was....

An easy mistake to make when you've had around six hour's sleep over three days.

I probably should have gone home then, but I soldiered on, managing not to offend or insult anyone in the remaining two hours of my shift.

Today, I am completely back to 'normal' and it's been a great day with both Master P and Master J in residence.  We were chatting about a celebrity we all know who is rather rotund.  The fact that we even have a celebrity in common is incredible enough bearing in mind the gaping age difference between me and them, but then I said, 'He looks like a Weeble'.

Several tumbleweeds scuttled across the office floor while the two boys looked at me in a bewildered fashion.

'Weebles wobble but they don't fall down?' I trilled, hoping to get some reaction.

I had to resort to pictures in the end.  Both of them thought that this was hilarious, but not as funny as the fact that these were one of my favourite toys growing up.  

'Next time you're moaning about your PlayStation acting up, you bear in mind what I had to play with when I was a kid'.

Simpler times, my friends...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...