Substitute...

The husband and I are on yet another jolly this weekend.  It's at times like this, when weekend after weekend is crammed with stuff, that I wish I was thirty years younger and less likely to yearn for a cup of tea and Friday Night is Music Night on Radio 2.  

But I mustn't grumble.  The moment the invites stop is the time to worry.

This weekend I'm off to CarFest South with the husband and Binland to make sure that the site is spick and span over the three days.  Strictly speaking, I am there in a work capacity, but as I had to take a day's holiday on Friday, I reckon at least twenty four of the the ninety six hours I'm there can be allocated to fun.  This will explain why there is a large bottle of Smirnoff by the front door, waiting to be squirrelled away in the Wobble Box once the husband has retrieved it from storage.

As the oldest female going, I have naturally put myself forward for feeding all and sundry on the Thursday night before the catering tent arrives.  I decided on a lamb chilli con carne (can't eat beef anymore so it will have to do).  That's my job for tomorrow afternoon, so if you don't hear from me, I think it's safe to assume that I have disappeared under 3 tonnes of kidney beans.  

Thinking ahead, I ordered up some disposable bowls to put the chilli into.  They were relatively robust, but I ordered extra in case we had to double up to avoid second degree burns in the thigh area.  

Tesco have just delivered my shopping. 

'There's a substitution'...Three/four words to strike fear into any online grocery  shopper.

The robust bowls had been swapped for paper dishes which would have expired at the first touch of my chilli, and which would at most hold two spoonfuls (teaspoon, in case you're wondering).

So the bowls were returned, and I shall be hitting t'internet tonight to find some flame resistant bowls for my edible offerings.

After that, it's down to the caterer.  With my food intolerances, this could prove tricky so I will be taking food of my own for emergencies.  I didn't do this when we went to Vegas, and survived on bananas, vodka and chicken wings for the week.

I must be the only living person in history to visit the USA for a week and lose weight.

Every cloud, and all that...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...