Here comes the rain again...

Blimey, this weather brings me down.  I am as blue as a pair of old school knickers and I swear on all that's holy, that if someone offered me a return ticket to anywhere beyond the English Channel, I'd have my bikini and flip flops packed before you could say, 'Judith Chalmers'.

I don't know about you, but what I can't stand is various weather persons and DJ's telling us that we have a heatwave due round about next week's Bank Holiday.  Well that's great.  But what about now?  I'm currently sitting in my lounge watching the water level on the patio creeping up the French windows, and it's just a matter of time before my patio furniture floats away accompanied by three marigolds, a pot of aubretia and our barbecue.

Talking of barbecues, we are having one tonight.  Yes, I know, but we cancelled the last attempt with two lovely friends of ours because of the rain, so we have to be terribly British and soldier on.  I say 'we' but as we all know and understand, any kind of barbecue activity is looked after entirely by the male species of the house, and I anticipate that the husband will be in coat, shorts and wellies in a gale force 8 prodding at a sausage in a lacklustre fashion while Mr and Mrs R and I knock back a few beers in the comfort of my kitchen (probably won't stoop to putting the heating back on, but leaving the oven door open while the potatoes are cooking is probably acceptable don't you think?)

I've just got back from walking the dogs, and watching them as they gently steam on the lounge carpet, I am worrying that they might contract trench foot if this goes on much longer.  Unlike me, they don't have a pair of shocking pink short wellies (a good look with my work dress today) and they both look like a pair of ratty toilet brushes.

But on the good side, they were both due a bath this weekend so after the shower they've just had, looks like I can leave that for another week.

Don't know why I didn't think that through actually.  I mean, it's not like there was anyone else about while I was walking.  I'm sure no one would have noticed the lady out in the middle of the field with her sponge and shower gel making the most of a free shower.

The cows might have had something to say though...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...