Heatwave...

I hate to complain about this weather.  Let's face it, in this country we are treated to around 9.35 days of unbroken sunshine each year with the other 355.65 days being a mixture of fifty shades of grey and a smattering of snow which brings the whole country to a shuddering halt.

So no, I'm not going to complain about the heat.

Let's concentrate on the positives, shall we,  For a start, we all go a little bit slower, plodding from home to work and back again trying to avoid any sudden moments or anything faster than a snail's pace.  This mean that we have time to talk to people a bit more(I managed to talk about the weather with at least four complete strangers on the way to the optician yesterday).

And then there's air conditioning.  I don't know about you, but I have been picking my shops very carefully this week, skipping between Costa (so cold normally that an extra layer is needed between the front door and the till), the optician (I managed three visits this week to buy various bits of paraphernalia for my contact lenses just for the opportunity to sit there and regroup) and Waitrose.  

When I was there this afternoon, they had drawn some very attractive curtains across all their chiller cabinets to keep the cold in.  Now there is only so long you can stand in front of the bacon counter pondering on smoked or streaky and it took every bit of willpower not to creep behind the drawn curtain and stay there for the rest of the afternoon.

So let's enjoy it.  The wet stuff will be back soon enough I fear...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...