The heat is on...

Ever since Percy demonstrated the rather over exuberant wooing of my friend Mrs F's trouser leg last week, things have not been the same in this house.  After almost seven years of thinking that Percy's persuasions lay elsewhere (mainly in the 4-ply section of the local wool shop) the incident with my friend's right leg seems to have woken something up in him which up till now has remained dormant.

Unfortunately, I have to walk past Mrs F's house every day when I walk the woofers, and Percy has taken to running ahead so that he can howl on her doorstep for a few minutes while I shuffle across the road with Reg.  So Percy has taken to a-wooing, and the fact that he can't reach the doorbell doesn't stop him from howling on Mrs F's doorstep in the hope that she will come out 'to play'. Thankfully, the times he has chosen to serenade her, she's either been asleep or out but never let it be said that Percy is a quitter.

He's also taken to doing an extended trot on the rare occasion when I manage to get him on the lead before we get level with the house of ill repute.  Never mind Pudsey the Dancing Dog, I have Percy the Strutting Stud Muffin, doing all he can to impress Mrs F on the chance she might be adjusting her nets as he sashays past.

But it's Reg I feel sorry for most.  Since he's had his family jewels snatched from him whilst sleeping, he has become extremely attractive to the new sexually awakened Percy.  I now find Reg skulking behind sofas, snuggled under our bed and hidden behind curtains in his feeble attempts to avoid being Percy's poor substitute for Mrs F's right leg.

I never thought I'd say this about my sock-stealing, poop-eating destroyer of garden bedding plants, but I do feel a bit sorry for him just now.

It'll pass...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...