Rocketman...

There's a lot going on in the Bird's world this week.  Having three dogs (although an absolute joy) is a challenge, especially when walking.  My two, who could break the land speed record if there was a Boneo at the finish line, are having to show a little restraint where the shorter legged lodger is concerned. Lord Sidney is not built for speed (mind you, neither am I so I shouldn't grumble really) and it's a bit of a stop/start walk in the afternoon.  Having said that, it's been a bit hot the last few days, so it's been rather perfect just rambling.  

The pecking order has been firmly established with Lord Sidney resting his fluffy, white head on Reg's favourite pillow.  Meanwhile, Reg has taken a liking to Lord Sidney's tartan bed, and is often to be found languishing there when I get up in the morning.  There is always a guilty look between the two of them when I walk into daughter number two's bedroom (now the dogs' bedroom), almost like they've been caught out doing something inappropriate. 

As well as the doggy madness, the husband and I are in full battle over what to see at the cinema tonight.  I am desperate to see Rocketman, the new Elton John film, and have watched the trailer so many times over the past week, that I will be practically word perfect for some of the film.  The husband, being a fan of more masculine pursuits is also desperate to get to the cinema, but he wants to see The Secret Life of Pets 2.  I've tried to explain to him that all he has to do is look round our house this week to get some idea of the mayhem that our four legged friends can cause, but no, he is adamant.

So up till this morning, there was a deadlock.  With limited time this weekend, we decided that we would go tonight to the cinema.  Giving him one of my prettiest smiles as he left for work, I said, 'You've worked so hard building my pergola.  I'll book the Pets film for tonight'.

His face lit up, and I am sure that all day he will have been looking forward to seeing this later tonight.

The only thing is that Pets 2 isn't released till Friday.

Unlike Rocketman.

That's on tonight.  I shan't tell him what we're going to see until I've collected the tickets and he's got his double rum 'n' raisin ice cream smoothie and his jelly snake.

By that point, he'll watch anything...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...