Love is in the air....

I've just returned from a lovely walk with the two woofers.  Bluebells, birdsong and two happy dogs.  What more could you want on a Wednesday afternoon?

As we came back onto the road, I slipped Percy and Reg back onto their leads.  This isn't so much that they might run off, but it's quite useful to have them pull me up the final hill before home.  Just as we were rounding the last bend, my lovely friend Mrs F pulled over for a word. She had her woofer on the back seat, an ash blonde temptress of a floozy called Chloe, who my two take absolutely no notice of.

However...

'I'll leave Chloe in the car as she's in season', explained my friend as she wandered over to me for a chat.  

Now I swear that other than an unfortunate incident with another schnauzer called Hugo, Percy has shown no interest in the fairer sex, preferring instead to do his own thing which usually involves listening to Gardener's Question Time, catching up on The Archers or reading the Telegraph.  Reg is a completely different dog, but since he's had the snip, we haven't had a single ASBO or restraining order for him.

But back to the Camp Crusader.  Over the course of the ten minute conversation with Mrs F, I had to wrestle Percy to the ground at least seven times as he tried to hump my dear friend's pale pink denim-clad leg. It eventually all got too much, and as I gave Percy one more violent yank on his lead to stop him violating her, Mrs F asked whether we'd all like a lift home.  I politely declined for obvious reasons, having in my head a picture of Percy and Chloe at it like a couple of sex-starved rabbits, while Mrs F tried to steer the car and I did my best to avoid becoming a dog grandma.

We've been home for half an hour now, and Percy is still whining at the front door, desperate to finish off with Chloe what he started with Mrs F's trouser leg.

So I am going to have to accept that Percy, on occasion, might want to show a girl a bit more than just his collection of knitting patterns. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...