Message in a bottle...

It's been a funny old day at Binland today.  As I walked into the transport office to say hello to everyone, Mrs S looked at me, and said, 'You didn't get my message then?'

Aah yes, the mobile phone which I carry at all time, which is invariably on mute thus ensuring that I miss every call and message which wings its way across the ether to me.

'What's up?  Do you need milk?'  This is the usual message which Mrs S sends me on a weekday.  Yet again, often not read until I'm settled down in my office and reaching for my mug for my first cup of tea.

'No', she said.  'Everything's down'.

'Everything' was the phone and the internet, so I spent this morning trying to reply to customers via email using my mobile.  This goes someway to explain why my eyes look like two slits on a pig's bum and I was very relieved to head off home after lunch.

A lovely walk with the woofers, accompanied by every type of precipitation you could wish for, and then back home for my normal afternoon routine.  Cup of tea, blog writing and Tipping Point.

I normally only have half an ear listening to Tipping Point, but today, one particular comment made me look up.

'You've got a couple of danglers there Danielle...'

Go wash your mouth out, Mr Shepherd...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...