Lost and found...

Life has finally returned to normal.  The husband has stopped asking me if I need anything every five minutes and the dogs have stopped looking at the husband in a vaguely optimistic manner, realising today that mum was now once again in charge of all perambulations. 

The husband didn't leave me unattended once while I was recovering, but being the man he is, he had to find 'something to do'.  The 'something' turned out to be a pergola which I had mentioned in passing a few months ago, having had one of my neighbours voicing their concern about my rampant wisteria.  'That'll have my fence down if it gets any bigger'...

Well I wasn't going to nitpick (it's my fence actually, and I think he was more concerned about the savage schnauzer brothers destroying his ornamental raised beds) but the husband took it all on board, and in the week leading up to the operation, oak appeared by the trailer load.

Now fortuitously, the husband had decided to site me in the lounge on a sofa for the daylight hours so that he could keep an eye on me.  Laid out here like a maiden aunt, I had full access to the television, the phone, and the dogs wouldn't pester me.  However, I also had full access to the patio windows, where he had set up his workshop for the pergola erection.

I've learnt a lot about my husband watching him work through that window for a week.  Firstly he talks to himself.  Not just a muttering under his breath, but a full blown conversation with the head tilting to the left or right, depending on which part of him was talking at the time. Eventually, he would nod, congratulating himself on working the problem out.  The other thing I noticed was that he loses everything.  If I saw him mouth the words, 'Where did I put....' once, I saw it a hundred times, and as the weather warmed up and he allowed me to open the door, I spent a very happy hour shouting out to him things like, 'It's under the saw', or 'It's on the table', or my own personal favourite, 'It's behind your ear'.  

He soon closed the patio door again...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...