Feeling good...

I had a very sneaky day off yesterday.  Not only was this a day off from Binland, but also a day away from the husband.  

I have decided that I preferred him when he was ill (very quiet, stayed in bed most of the day and night and I was in charge of the TV remote).  He's been showing signs of improvement over the past two days, and this has meant that he has been mainly sitting in the kitchen, staring at me wistfully as I go about my normal work-a-day week.  You see, he's well enough to get up, but not well enough to actually do anything useful.  This hasn't stopped him from reclaiming the remote control so that he can watch any kind of sport (or people talking about sport, or shows selling something sport related, or programmes about sports grounds - you get where I'm coming from?)  

Over the past couple of days, I have learned to stop asking him how he is.

All I get is. 'Oh you know', accompanied with a small sigh and a lift of the eyebrows.  

However, I came home this afternoon, and he was AWOL.  This is a very good sign as it means that the boredom has overcome the general feeling sorry for himself, and I am hoping that he'll be fighting fit by the weekend.

You see, we have plans.  I bought us a couple of tickets to see the Only Fools and Horses musical, and I am really looking forward to it, what with being a big fan of the show.  All he has to do is drive, walk, sit, walk, eat, walk and drive home.

Not much to ask I feel...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...