Picture this...

Thermal vest.....check
Thermal socks.....check
Thick walking trousers....check
Scarf....check
Thermal lined gloves....check
Bobble hat.....check
Christmas present coat which will keep you walk up to -50....check

After ten minutes of layering up, I was finally ready for my half hour walk with the dogs this morning before work.  I don't know whether you got the ten minute Arctic blizzard around 8.00 this morning, but I wasn't taking any chances with my walking apparel as you can tell.

Stepping outside, the dogs gave me that 'where's our cold weather apparel then?' look, and I dragged them across the now white field to do their ablutions.  There's something very special about your footprints being the first ones in snow, and although I am pretty sure that I am always the first dog walker in the field (no one else is that daft) actually seeing them is pretty special.  

It always reminds me of that scene in The Shining where the kids retrace their snowy footsteps to avoid their axe-wielding father getting hold of them.  For a nano-second, I considered doing the same with my footprints in the snow to mess with my neighbours' heads, but as the snow went as quickly as it turned up, my plan came to nothing.  Mind you, if any of my neighbours had seen me walking backwards around the field, gossip may have started circulating about the 'crazy dog lady finally losing it'.

It was a great morning at Binland today and the banter was flying between Master P and Master J and me.  The question had come up as to our most often used emoji.  Once they had shown me how to find this out, we had to list them.  Mine were a funny old batch.  The first ten involved various pictures of alcohol, a white suited man dancing (think Saturday Night Fever) and a green face.  Basically, my life since Boxing Day.  

The husband loves emojis.  He can put a text together without one word in it, and it's sometimes like receiving a whole list of hieroglyphics.  I suppose that really we've all gone full circle when you think about it. Pictures, then words, and then back to pictures, although now in colour and with more choices.

So in keeping with this, here's how the rest of my day is panning out....

πŸ’»πŸπŸ΅πŸ’†πŸΆπŸΆπŸŽ§πŸƒπŸ˜«πŸ‘­πŸ΅πŸ›

In case you're wondering, this is the best I can offer for work, lunch, tea, facial, dog walk, music, Pilates, pain, chat with Mrs S, more tea and then to bed.

In truth, it took a lot less time to write than than messing around with emojis.

How's your day looking?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...