I fought the law...

Finishing work at lunchtime today, I realised that Christmas and the New Year were now a distant memory.  Unfortunately, what is also a distant memory is my waistline courtesy of all the leftover chocolate, biscuits and cake which has been floating around Binland this week.  In the space of four hours today, I manged to polish off half a chocolate elf, four custard creams and a slice of orange cake.  All this sandwiched between a sensible breakfast and a salad lunch.  Hopefully, by Monday everything that hasn't been eaten will simply be out of date and no longer leading me and my colleagues astray.

I can but hope.

Son number two appeared back at home last night.  He is celebrating a friend's 21st birthday on Saturday so is hanging around here till the weekend.  As you know, he is currently stationed up North studying for a law degree.  Now when I come home on a Friday afternoon, I normally flop down on the sofa with a cup of tea and a bit of Tipping Point, but when he is here, he always wants to discuss what he's currently working on .  

This week's piece of work involves deciding whether a murder took place, or was it manslaughter.  I'll be honest with you, after an hour of listening to him going on whilst he made his scrambled eggs (a male who can multi-task, what is the world coming to) I did ponder as to what level of manslaughter I could get away with if I battered him with my balloon whisk. 

All joking apart though, this 'baby' of mine never ceases to amaze me.  Shuffled off to the bottom set in class as a little boy, and labelled as dyslexic at eight years' old, he now reads books which I couldn't even lift off the table and talks to me about things I could never understand.  When he was little, I could join in his conversations, but these days, telling him that it was 'probably Colonel Mustard in the ballroom with a lead pipe, and Mrs Peacock had it coming' isn't really cutting it.

So I just listen , take in what I can, and hopefully nod at the appropriate times...

A bit like what the husband does when I talk about shoes..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...