I can't stand the rain...

The bloody rain's back then...

I suppose that this is a blessing of some sorts as it means that my hosepipe will get a well earned weekend off, and the flowers won't be looking at me through the kitchen window, wondering whether there will be any chance of me getting off my derriere and giving them a drink sometime before the next millennium.  Talking of watering flowers, I haven't had any feedback from Mrs B next door as to the complete transformation of her front garden while she's been away.  I would imagine that after two glamorous weeks away, that she will have more than enough washing to do, and perhaps hasn't had the opportunity to do a full horticultural inspection as yet.

I finally got round to cleaning Charlie out yesterday afternoon. Armed with a bin liner and some sweet smelling multi surface cleaner, I gingerly opened the door.  Oh dear Lord....it is amazing just how much detritus eight adults can make over five and a half hours, and I soon realised that one bin liner wouldn't be enough.  As I wiped the surfaces down, I noticed that one of the skylights was open.  

Mentioning this to the husband later in the day, he said that he'd opened it when he went to work yesterday morning.  Apparently, he'd stuck his head in there looking for his phone, and the smell of alcohol stripped three layers of his eyeballs  and left him crying like a girl.  This is what happens when leftover booze is left in a very small place overnight.  Imagine having a housewarming in the downstairs loo, and you'll know where I'm coming from.

Falling into bed at midnight on Friday, I told the husband to put the alarm on mute, so that we wouldn't be woken up at the usual Monday to Friday time of 6.00.  'Already done it', he slurred as talking turned to snoring. (I've never known anyone who can fall asleep so quickly as the husband).

And guess what...

I was woken up by the wonderful Tony Blackburn at 6.00 playing some absolute crackers from the '60's.

I almost forgave the husband.

But not quite...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...