Food for thought...

This morning's meanderings will be the last for a few days. Much as I hate to abandon you all to a few Bird-free mornings, needs must and all that.  Later today, the husband and I will be heading off in the Wobble Box to yet another field in the middle of nowhere.  Apparently the wifi at Carfest South (which is where we are headed) reaches the giddy speeds of a rheumatic slug, and the thought of standing on the roof of the caravan waving my laptop in the air and screaming is not one I cherish.

So I'm going to go off the radar for a few days, to listen to some great bands, spend time with the husband and some of my favourite Binland colleagues and tell the general public where to put their rubbish (in the nicest way possible).

Back to yesterday though.  I had offered to take the Mother shopping for, and I quote. 'just a few bits'.  Son number two decided to come with us, (my bank card and food were involved.  Why wouldn't he be there?) so the three of drove to her nearest supermarket which happens to be Asda.  Now the Mother has standards, and tends to frequent the more upmarket supermarkets through choice.  But she was on my time now, so Asda it was.  I did offer her a balaclava to wear round the aisles in case we bumped into someone she knew, but with a deep breath, she bravely walked in with son number two on trolley duty.

We'd only been there an hour before I realised that getting home might be a problem.  Between the three of us, we'd managed to fill two trolleys with everything from Epsom Salts to French sticks and I suggested that two journeys might be needed to get everything home.  Son number two proposed that we put the Mother into the back seat, and then pack all the remaining shopping around her once we'd filled every other orifice in my Mini.

Finally, we got every last bit in, and as we pulled out of the carpark, the Mother shouted for me to stop. 'I've not got my seatbelt on'.  Looking at her wedged between a family pack of toilet rolls and a laundry airer, I told her that I doubted she was going anywhere, but I waited till she found the seatbelt, which by then was sandwiched between a pack of pork chops and a some Oreos (son number two managed to smuggle several items past my eagle eye which no doubt will have been eaten within an hour after getting home).

But is was a job well done - she probably won't have to go shopping again till at least March, and when she does, she won't be needing toilet rolls...

See you all on Tuesday.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...