Trash day...

The husband is  in trouble again.  

A small decision on Monday night has thrown the whole of my road into complete disarray, and all because (yet again) he chose not to believe me on matters concerning the house.

'What colour bin is it tomorrow?' he asked me over dinner.  'Black bin tomorrow', I replied, utterly confident that I was right.

'No, it's green.  Someone had a green bin out when I drove home just now'.  

'Well 'someone' is wrong then', I said.  'It's black bin tomorrow'.

Not wanting to bow to my superior knowledge where rubbish is concerned, he refused to back down, and asked, 'What did we put out last week then?'

Speaking very slowly at this point, I said to him, 'They took the green one last week, which is why it's black bin tomorrow'.

And then the conversation tailed off as he concentrated on the homemade burgers I'd made him.  Don't be too impressed lovely readers, I'd cleaned out the freezer on Monday morning, and had forgotten to put the minced beef back in.  I had to do something with it didn't I?

So early yesterday morning, as I walked down our road with the dogs, I mentally noted how every neighbour who didn't have to drive past our house had their black bin out.  Any neighbour on the other side of our fence had their green bin out, having seen what the husband had done before he left for work very early.

At this point, my absolute confidence started to wither, and having got back with the dogs, I checked on the council website.  I had been right.  Yesterday was definitely a black bin collection. Having given the dogs their breakfast, I dragged the green bin back in (this was very full as the husband had removed the small amount of recycling from our second green bin and rammed it in this one to avoid having to pull two bins out.  I then pulled the black bin out, apologising to my neighbour en route as to the utter Numptydom of the husband.

Turns out that they'd had words also, with her husband accusing her of putting the wrong bin out last week as the black bin was overflowing, whereas the green one was only half full (hope you're keeping up with this).

Henceforth, the bins have been moved over from Blue Job territory to Pink.

To allow for this extra work, I shall be trading the ironing.

In this weather, I feel that's a fair swap..

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...