This time tomorrow...

So the countdown has started.  I can now officially start every sentence today with 'This time tomorrow, I will be.....'

Please insert 'Finishing work/getting on the plane/getting off the plane/going to the bar' where appropriate.

The telephone conversations between Miss R and me have ramped up to an all time hysterical high, with last night's debate covering whether we really needed two types of tea bag (she's a posh Twinings drinker, while I'm just a PG girl) and whether our hotel was expensive enough to guarantee fresh milk every day in our fridge.  There was also a minor discussion about who was going to bring the x20 mirror which I seem to now need to do the simplest things.  

It used to be just needed for eyebrow plucking, but in recent months I find myself needing it for mascara and lipstick application.  Mind you, I went to see Mrs H yesterday for my pre-holiday beauty treatments (she wears a hardhat when doing my pedicure as my body is heading south so quickly)  and along with the trotters she also sorted my Denis Healey eyebrows out and tinted my eyelashes, so in theory, I shouldn't even need the bloody mirror.

But my favourite part of holiday preparation is making sure that all my clothes are ready.  Outfits are laid on the bed, tried on and either hung back up or put in The Suitcase Pile.  This year's preparations have been quite pleasant, as there was no need to reach for the Vaseline and shoehorn when negotiating my shorts.  They went on rather easily, as did everything else which had been hauled out of a three year hibernation for this year's holiday.

This afternoon, I shall be ready to pack everything up.  This will just leave a quick morning at Binland tomorrow, followed by a hastily made hair appointment, and then I'll be ready to collect Miss R and head off to the airport.

I'd like to say that there will be some kind of a blog tomorrow morning, but there is a good chance I might be a tad busy.

As I write this, I'm just wondering where my passport is....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...