Beer time...

Well blow me down, here I am...

Mrs Next Door But One's impromptu beer and pizza soiree was an unmitigated success.  This declaration is based on the amount of paracetamol the husband and I necked back as the headaches kicked in around 9.00 when we trolleyed home last night.  Of course, if you also take into consideration the indigestion tablets taken overnight (pizza just before bedtime was not the best idea for yours truly), then the whole evening was an unmitigated triumph.

It was a select few invited round last night, which had been suggested to celebrate Mrs H's husband's birthday.  As you may remember, Mrs H is Italian, and there is nothing she loves more than eating shop bought pizza.  (Sarcasm alert, in case you missed it).  Mrs Next Door But One insisted that the pizzas were 'homemade', because she'd had a lot of input in their creation.  What this actually boiled down to was that she had stood at Sainsbury's pizza counter and watched while her pizzas were created by a chap in a hair net.  I imagine it was a bit like buying penny (who am I kidding) sweets with your pocket money on a Saturday morning...

'I'll have some of that, not too much of that, and can you pop some of that on, but only down the left hand side?'

I feigned surprise when Mrs H said that she'd never bought ready made pizza in her life.  This is an ongoing joke between us after I said that my Death Row Meal would be a Pizza Hut Deep Pan Hawaiian with a Diet Coke.  Her face after that comment implied that if I was going to choose to eat that rubbish than I probably deserved all that was coming to me on Death Row.

But it was a lovely evening, with a lot of chat and banter.  Funny how the sunshine can weave a little magic though the simplest of nights out.

Mrs R returned from her holiday with Woody yesterday, looking tanned and rested (I nearly didn't open the door when I saw the pair of them sashaying down my drive looking like a couple of international jet-setters.  It was only because Mrs R was clutching presents that I allowed them over the threshold.  It's lovely to have her back again, and our few hours in the sunshine with a cup of tea was the perfect preamble to the beer and pizza orgy later on.

Daughter number two announced yesterday that she would 'probably be staying for a few more days yet'.  I'm starting to think that I have made that guest room of hers too comfortable and the level of room service she has been getting has been 5* with tea and toast in bed in the morning.

I just hope that her boyfriend, Jolly Sock Man, is ready for the monster I shall be unleashing on him towards the end of this week.

Assuming she ever leaves...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...