Georgy girl...

It was back to the dentist again yesterday.  I reckon I spend more time in that chair than I do in my own bed, and yesterday's twenty minute appointment was mainly to prepare me for a £3,000 dentistry bill.  This is for an implant and a crown, and having calculated that this is around 25% of my annual income, I am debating whether soup, a straw and some lip enhancement surgery might not be a cheaper way forward.

I'll be honest with you, yesterday was not a particularly good day.  My work computer decided to do the technology equivalent of towing a caravan on a Bank Holiday Monday, and at one point, to alleviate my frustration, I stuck a post it note on my forehead which said 'Not Responding'.  At least it made Master P and Master J laugh which cheered them up a bit.

It was also raining again yesterday morning, and coupled with Storm Georgina throwing her toys out of the pram, my poor hair took a beating again.  But at least I was prepared this time.  Hood firmly tied under my chin, I set out into the driving rain.  Getting back home half an hour later, I peeled off the hood, revealing a beautifully flat and dry top half, and a bottom half which looked like an alpaca, as it had escaped from the bottom of the hood.  There was some serious repair work needed before I left for work yesterday, I can tell you.

While I'm moaning.....

To get over the shock of the dentist ('we offer finance, if you can't pay it all at once') I scuttled into my favourite cafe to console myself with a cappuccino.  Standing in front of the counter in my own puddle, I put my order in for the coffee, jokingly saying, 'My day is ruined.  You've got no Bakewell tarts'.

Looking at the other goodies, I'd just about settled on the marginally less fattening fruit loaf, when a voice from the kitchen shouted out, 'I think there's some in the cupboard'.

Oh joy.  At last, something was going right.  A smile would go back on to my miserable face, and I would leave the cafe feeling a little more chipper.

And then...

'Sorry.  I was wrong.  They're cheese straws'.  

So back to square one....and the ruined day...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...