Dreadlock holiday...

Day off. 

Two words guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone's face.  This was all a bit last minute as Mr W (my young enough to be my son boss, and also known as The Voice of Reason on occasions) had informed me that if I didn't take my holiday, then I'd lose it altogether.  This was said just after I'd had an extra week at home after Christmas thanks to a chest infection, and I did feel rather guilty agreeing to take yet more days off before March.

This guilt lasted approximately four hours, and I quite happily emailed over copious holiday request forms to him that afternoon.  I'm not saying that there were a lot, but I had to stick them into a compressed folder before my laptop would even think about sending them.  So duly approved, the days off were booked.

So what did I get up to on my precious day off?  Well, I took myself of to a large shopping centre and spent a very pleasant morning trying on clothes which didn't fit me.  Eventually, I did what every woman does when she's 'packing it a bit' and headed for the shoe department in M&S.  I left there with a fabulous pair of boots, and as it was by then mid morning, I decided a coffee might be on the cards to celebrate my purchase.

You'll remember that I am half heartedly trying to lose a little weight at the moment, so I ordered a coffee and a fruit scone with butter and jam, thinking that this might possibly be the least likely item on the gorgeous menu which might cause another button to pop on my trousers.

Anyway, coffee arrived, with elaborate filigree cocoa powder decoration on top which looked too good to slurp at, and this was rapidly followed by the fruit scone.  And here is where it all went wrong.

There was no butter with it.  Instead was a small bowl of clotted cream.  

What was I to do?  I could hardly send it back after the waitress had she'd decanted it so neatly into the bowl, and if I did do that, then my scone would no longer be warm.  What a dilemma...

But not for long.  

I ate the bloody lot, and enjoyed every artery-blocking, hip-widening bit of it.

As Billy Crystal said in City Slickers, 'I'm on vacation'...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...