Rip it up...

I hope you like today's picture.  This is what greeted me yesterday when I got home from Binland.  Despite asking all family members whether it's important, I am still no wiser as to a) who it belonged to and b) what it is (or was).  Not to worry, it's gone the way that all things go when Reg gets bored - straight into the recycling bin. 

I don't know why he feels he has to shred something when he runs out of the toys/chews/my slippers/yesterday's tights/balls/Kong activity toys and flower pots which are readily available in the dogs' toybox.  There have been many times when I have been bored.  These have usually involved watching some sport or another, but at no time have I thought to myself, 'Blimey this game is boring, I think I'll go and shred my trousers'.  It's a dog thing I suppose.

Preparations for the husband's road trip are gathering pace, and yesterday I was given the task of getting his medicines for the trip.  I'd like to remind you at this point that he is only going to Spain.  His list included Anadin and Nurofen, Imodium, insect repellent and bite cream.  

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but he is going to be wearing several layers of clothing all the time he is outside, so unless the Spanish mosquitoes are armed with a circular saw, I don't think that there's much chance of them permeating his armour (this is what men like to call the bit of hard plastic around the back and on the elbows - it sounds more hardcore that way).  I think that they'll take one look at him, and decide that it looks too much like like hard work, and divert their attentions to someone in swimwear - a far easier target.

And then there's the diarrhoea tablets.  The husband (or Mr Bird as one of my loveliest readers named him yesterday) has the constitution of an ox, and I don't think that the odd paella and San Miguel beer is going to cause him too many issues.  But as he is often heard to say, 'You can't be too prepared'.  This phrase is usually saved for when it's just us two going somewhere.  If it's the kids going away, he changes this slightly to, 'What you haven't got, you can buy out there.  It's not like you're going to Africa'.

I'm not too sure what the painkillers are for as he is in pretty good shape at the moment.  There's nothing I can think off that's hurting, wearing out, falling off or damaged, so I am assuming that these will be for the hangovers after one too many beers.

Going back to the medicines, the husband is very pernickety about which ones he uses.  As I am an Aldi fan now, I had intended on going there for it all, but he said rather quietly that he'd rather I bought 'real' medicines.  By this, he means ones which don't give away their purpose on the packets.  I did go to Aldi yesterday and took a quick look at the medicines which they offered as an equivalent to named products, and I sort of got what he was saying.  

I mean, who wants to carry round a box which says 'Diarrhoea Treatment'?

Not Mr Bird.....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...