Cleaning out my closet...

I am writing this yesterday.

The reason being, that if I don't to it right now, then there's little chance of you having any early morning entertainment tomorrow....or today..?

Having made the confession of 'My name is Mrs Bird, and I'm a lazy cow' on Tuesday, I was galvanised into action on Wednesday afternoon, and having had only one sit down between 2.00 and 5.45 (and that was a comfort break, so probably doesn't count anyway) the old legs were feeling a bit sorry for themselves.  So here I am, writing this at 5.55pm...which gives me exactly 35 minutes before I have to leave home to go and say farewell to my god-daughter who is off travelling for several months. (I'm coming back to this later).

So today, I have achieved wonderful things.  Only one of the jobs was on my To Do List, but nevertheless, I am still pretty chuffed.  This one job was cleaning out the kitchen cupboard.  The one which contains every thing from sea salt to jelly and cornflour to mustard.  You can picture this I'm sure.

I started at the top with the two spice and herb boxes which sit fairly undisturbed if I'm perfectly honest.  Time for another confession ladies....the one herb (rosemary) which I use at least three times a year went out of date four years, seven months and two days ago.  No has died up till now, but I thought it best not to push my luck, so this jar was shoved over to the bin pile.

This was rapidly joined by a jar of local honey which was bought for son number two four years ago to tackle his hayfever.  They say that honey doesn't go off, but this would have needed either a Kango Hammer or dynamite to get it out of the plastic bottle.  A jar of mango chutney was next.  Opened, eaten and put back in the cupboard instead of the fridge, so this was wearing a rather attractive green fur hat which wouldn't go well with any curry I can think of.

What basically happened over the next twenty minutes was that almost everything which was in my cupboard, was relocated into the bin.  My cupboard looked beautifully clean....and empty.  So I have completed one job, just to replace it with another.  I feel another trip to Aldi is on the horizon.

As well as the cupboard, I have managed to bake four cakes, prepare a beef stew for my work pals who are coming for dinner tonight, do the ironing, and make a homemade butterscotch sauce.  I feel like Wonder Woman...without the bosom.

But going back to my god-daughter.  Did any of you ladies have a year off between university and work, just to go and find yourself?  The best I can come up with is two weeks in Turkey eleven years ago, and there wasn't much finding of myself there, I must say.  More picking myself up off the floor after partaking of the all inclusive alcohol.

But a year off?

Am I too late?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...