How I roll....

I've been practising my Victory Roll....this is part of the reason there were no words from this Bird yesterday morning as Mrs S was showing me how to do one in the pub late into the night in between the fish and chips and alcohol.  

I'm off to Goodwood Revival at the weekend you see, and an element of looking the part is vital.  For those of you who haven't got a clue what I'm talking about (this was me last year) it's a festival of cars and music from 1940-1960. I'm going in the capacity of a Binland employee as we're in charge of waste management this year, and in between taking photographs of bins (my life is so glamorous), touching up my lipstick and perfecting my Victory Roll, I'll be having a fine old time with the husband looking at the cars and dancing to the 1940's swing music I love so much.

We've managed to borrow a caravan to sleep in while we're there.  To be honest, the thought of getting my seams straight under canvas was not a pleasant one, especially as we wouldn't have had any electricity.  I might have had legs looking like a pair of helter-skelters, and that's no good.

So back to the Victory Roll...

Mrs S made it look very easy, quickly twisting her hair into something which wouldn't have looked out of place in a blackout, mine on the other hand looked like I'd plugged myself into the National Grid. But not to worry, I have a rather large head scarf which will hold everything in place and a very large can of Elnett (extra firm hold).  If it rains (and it will, I'm sure) my version of the Victory Roll might end up looking like a sausage roll (one that has been sat on and left out in the rain, at that). 

But there is just one problem...

The husband and I haven't been to Swing Dance Club for three months, due to the holidays, a torn calf muscle and various other injuries, so both of us have forgotten all that we learned.  It won't be like last week in Amnesia when we both stood there waving our arms around like Animal from the Muppets.  I'm just hoping that the caravan has a decent amount of floor so that we can practise a bit.

If that doesn't work, then we'll have to site on the sidelines like a couple of wall flowers.  

One of which will have a sausage roll on her head...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...