Pretty woman...

You'll be pleased to know that the whole insomnia thing is still going rather well.  It's currently 4.17am and I've just frightened the pants off Mrs W (my lovely sister-in-law) who is staying here for a few days.  This will teach her to come into the kitchen for a glass of water when there's a crazy lady tapping away in the dark.

I blame Miss R for this current nocturnal episode.  Last night we were all at a surprise 40th party. (How it is that I even know someone this young.  The secret to feeling good about yourself is surely hanging around with people a whole lot older?)  Anyway, the party was great, and knowing that in several weeks, my bikini has to steel itself for it's annual week of shame, I had pre-ordered a very healthy fish stew.  Put this together with tap water all night, and I reckoned I had a fairly healthy meal planned.

However...

What I hadn't allowed for was the birthday cake.  Two people were required to bring this culinary creation to the table such was the size of it, and my jaw hit the floor.  Chocolate cake, Curly-Wurly, Maltesers, more chocolate and a few candles (these were there to remind us all to sing Happy Birthday, rather than just salivating).  Miss R helped cut the cake, and small portions were passed up and down the table.  I savoured every mouthful of mine.  I then savoured the husband's who has far more willpower than I do.  Well you know what happens when there is a large table and a birthday cake?  Well, those slices kept a coming, and I think I finally stopped at around four.  Chocolate and I are not the best of friends in the headache department which is why I am blaming Miss R.  If only it had been carrot...

Ah well, today is another day, and dust and water will be on the menu I suppose to cancel out my chocolate cake orgy.

Changing the subject, you might remember that I have been trying out some new face products courtesy of The Rose Tree (www.therosetree.co.uk).  When I was asked to do this, I'll be honest with you, I had no expectations, having resigned myself to a face which was heading south faster than a whore's drawers on a Saturday night.  

However, after two weeks, I can honestly say that I am thrilled skinny with what I see. I've had a couple of people tell me how great my skin is looking, and this is always encouraging, because most people I know can't see further than their own hand thanks to Mother Nature and middle age.  I could see the improvement in my skin, but when someone else does, you realise that you've struck lucky.

The lovely girls at The Rose Tree had given me a complete smorgasbord of stunning oils and creams to try, but there was one which really stood out for me.  A real gamechanger of a cream.

This was the Intensive Balm with Marshmallow and Frangipani. I absolutely love this, and have already bought a pot (quoting Words from a Bird to get my discount naturally!) It's a solid balm, and when you put it onto your face, it looks quite shiny for a couple of seconds.  Don't let this put you off though, as you can almost watch your skin absorbing it and soaking it all in. It's smells good enough to eat, and as you only need the tiniest bit, it's going to last for ages. I have even started using it in the morning before work, so you can see that it's not just for the 'it's night time and no one can see me' routine.

I'm sensible enough to know that there is nothing out there which can bring back that pert and perky skin of my 20's.  But to be able to have the best skin I possibly can right now is pretty good.

So thank you to The Rose Tree for revealing what was under that haggard old mush which has been staring back at me from the magnifying mirror for the last few years.  

All of a sudden, it's not so X-rated...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Diary...

Ain't no mountain high enough...