Waterloo...

I was a bit rushed getting into work yesterday.  This always happens when I get up earlier than usual as I feel as though I have loads of time so can do all those little jobs which pile up.  In reality, what actually happens is that I do one or two small jobs (put the washing on, change the bed) and then spend more time having my breakfast and chatting to the dogs.  It was spending more time with my meagre breakfast which proved my downfall yesterday morning, as I had an extra mug of tea...

Having walked the dogs around a chilly, pink skied field for forty minutes, I was already needing the loo before I got back home.  Unfortunately, there wasn't time for the required comfort break, so I headed off to work, telling myself as I held myself aloft going over the sleeping policemen that I could take advantage of Binland's facilities before starting my morning's work.

Getting to work, I flashed my pass at the entry pad.  Nothing.  Flashed it again, just more slowly this time, but still nothing.  Knocking on the door, Mrs S came to my rescue, opening the door, which in fact wasn't locked at all so I could have just pushed it and let myself in.  'The electricity is down' she said, but it was the next statement which ripped my world apart. 

'We haven't got any water either, so there's no tea or coffee'.  This was bad enough, but she wasn't finished yet....

'We can't use the loos either'.

'WHAT?'

So there I was, four hours of Binland looming with no tea and no chance of any comfort break.  I did say to Mrs S that it was probably just as well that there was no tea, as one more mug of the old Tetley could push me over the edge. She came up with various suggestions as to where I could go, one of them was the hedge outside, and then one of the gentlemen (debateable, Mr G) suggested the urinals.  As I said to him, at my age my aim is not that precise so probably not the best idea.

Thinking about this, I have implied to the whole of the Transport Office that when younger my aim was good.  I suppose word will get out, and I'll not hear the end of that for weeks. In the end, I said that if it got to the point of no return (or just before, in an ideal world I suppose) I would head home for the much needed comfort break.  I also offered a lift in my car to anyone who fancied coming back with me for a quick one.  Again, a bad choice of words which will come back to haunt me.

But as it was, I hung on, and an hour later Mrs S announced that the loos were no longer out of action, and that normal service could resume.  Well, what a relief that was. 

Leaving for home, the door still didn't work, but hey, you can't have everything can you...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...