New horizons...

I read somewhere recently that to keep yourself interesting to be around, you should try and do or try one new thing every day.  Over the past twenty years of so, I would hazard a guess that the nearest I have ever been to this is changing my washing powder or eating avocado some time ago.  But today, I have managed to do not one, but three new things.

Close to where I live is a donkey sanctuary, and the last few times I have driven by there has been a majestic looking white donkey with the longest ears I have ever seen.  Standing amongst the other donkeys, he was a head and shoulders taller than the others and looked almost king like.  So today, I made the decision that I would like to sponsor him.  It's a charity and I know that every penny is welcome, but it would mean that every time I passed this majestic looking beast, I could nod across to it and claim ownership. 

'Do you know which one you'd like to adopt?' asked the lovely lady at the sanctuary.  Well ladies, I described this wonderful regal looking chap with the long ears, and she smiled. 'Well, he is a she, and her name is Loppy'.

Loppy!  Something of his, sorry her, stature should have been called  Victoria or Elizabeth, but I sallied forth to the fields to confirm that it was Loppy who had caught my eye.  It was, so I am now the proud adopter of a quarter of a donkey hoof which makes me very happy.

I had been passing the donkey sanctuary to go and see my friend Emma who has a fabulous vintage shop. 


I have offered to help out at the shop in a couple of weeks and thought it might be an idea to learn how to use the card machine before diving in at the deep end.  So on Saturday. I shall be there, to do a shift in a 1950's time warp.  I have never worked in a dress shop, and I have a horrible feeling that left to my own devices, I will probably lock the front door and have a massive trying on session of all the wonderful clothes and shoes she has there.  If any of my local friends are in the vicinity, come and see me on Saturday for a chat!

As if this weren't enough for one day, there was one more thing I did which I have never done before.

Today I made three Christmas cakes.  Now firstly, this is about four weeks earlier than usual, which in itself is a miracle, but for the first time ever, I couldn't lick the bowl after I had scraped the mixture into the tins.

Damn you, dairy, wheat and egg intolerances....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...