Fast car...

Have you ever grappled with a dopey wasp in the bathroom while standing naked with a view to getting ready for work, armed with just last night's pyjamas and a spray deodorant?

So that was my Monday, how was yours?

I am a great believer in the great seesaw of life, with a bad day being thrown in every now and again as payback for several great ones.  So I am blaming the wasp (who I eventually steered out of the Velux window with the deodorant) for today as I have had a fantastic few days spent with the husband.  The highlight was going to see Le Mans '66 on Saturday afternoon.  What happened to Terminator?  Well, I have to confess that I embarked on some grade one, top drawer wheedling on the husband about this, as having sat through the first two in the series, the thought of sitting through another without having the home based options of a power nap or hanging out the washing was not my idea of fun.  

Luckily, the husband knows which side his bread is buttered, so we went to the posh cinema in Wokingham (wine and a recliner) and watched the film about Ford and Ferrari.  I didn't know the story, so spent part of the film screaming, 'Put your bloody foot down!' and 'Take him out!' much to the husband's embarrassment.  At one point, there was some seriously loud nacho crunching as he tried to drown out my whoops of joy.

Yes ladies, I rather loved this film and Christian Bale's acting made Matt Damon look like he was straight out of a local am-dram society, so whether or not you are a petrol head, this one is definitely worth a try.

Yesterday was spent putting the garden to bed as best friend Mrs S calls it.  That time of year when you cut back what needs cutting back, and cover up those plants which are a little bit antsy about the cold.

Mind you, looking at my garden, it's less putting it to bed, and more like laying out for a green fingered funeral.

As I've always said, we can't all be good at everything.

Something would be nice though...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...