War of the worlds...

Well, we survived the Martian invasion...

The War of the Worlds immersive experience was all that I feared it would be.  Shuffled off down a dark alley with several other poor unsuspecting souls (the husband and I had necked a couple of drinks beforehand, so were struggling to take the warning of pending death too seriously) I was told off for being jovial when the world was coming to an end.  Well I'm sorry, but after a couple of vodkas, everything is fairly fluffy in my world, but it wasn't long before the smile was wiped off my face.  

The whole thing was brilliant, especially the bits where we had to put the virtual reality headsets on.  One minute you're in a confessional box desperately trying to think of something to confess to the priest on the other side of the screen (nicking my kids' Easter eggs while they were at school was the best I could offer), and then the headset is on and you are hiding from the Martians.  I'm not saying it was realistic, but I have a couple of lovely bruises from where I was 'attacked' by one of the Martians (probable some bloke in a pair of felt slippers with a wooden spoon) and as for the bit in the boat, well I reckon my screams could be heard from Uxbridge.

Having survived, we decided that more alcohol was needed, and the husband and I headed to the Shard for a drink with the rich and beautiful.  Bear in mind that only an hour before, we'd been fighting off aliens and scrambling through windows and tunnels so we were slightly disheveled, but this didn't stop two gorgeous people visiting from Hong Kong talking to us for a couple of hours.  Queenie and Steve, you were lovely and thank you for sharing your window table with us.

This morning, I dragged the husband out for a long walk along the river.  There was some serious muttering as he had brought the wrong shoes, but I soon quietened him down a bit by taking him into St Katherine's dock to see how the other half live with their lovely yachts.

I mean, it's hard to moan when your tongue's hanging out...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...