Sugar, sugar...

I'd like to say that I am getting my head around the new computer system at Binland.  I'd like to, but unfortunately this could mean some rather extensive Pinocchio-life nose stretching, so I had better keep quiet.  Time is a great healer, they say, but has anyone ever said that time is a great teacher?'  No.  I thought not.  Anyway, I shall persevere, reminding myself every hour of one of the husband's favourites adages...

'How hard can it be?'

There is an answer to that, of course, but as a lady in polite society, I'll keep my gob shut.

But to more positive stuff.  The cakes are now in the building in preparation for my Schnauzerfest walk on Saturday.  Naturally, the weather forecast for the morning is falling somewhere between 'wet' and 'Apocalypse' so I thought that the least I could do was to supply some fairy cakes and flapjacks (like that's going to take your mind off trench foot).  

I have tried to be a little clever this year and have ordered up stickers for the woofer goody bags, and sugar paper stickers for the cakes.  Both deliveries arrived today and to all intents and purposes, they look exactly the same, so to my fellow walkers on Saturday, I would say this.  If the fairy cakes take a bit of chewing, I may have got them the wrong way round.  This might also explain why the beautiful orange stickers on the goody bags washed away at the first sight of rain.

I've done something else this year and have ordered up a paper frame to take photos with.  The husband has plans to mount this on something rigid so that I can carry it with me on the walk and take pictures of dogs and walkers 'in' the frame.  However, the paper frame turned up yesterday in a long and very thin cardboard tube.  Taking it out, I tried to unravel it, but it was coiled tighter than Zebedee after a vindaloo, so it is currently residing on my kitchen table, stretched out between four gin bottles in the hope that I might be able to get it flat for when the husband is ready to mount it on whatever he brings home later.

Such is the life of a Schnauzerfest hostess...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...