Sink or swim...

The husband has been away from home for the last two nights.  He's been cooped up in daughter number two's flat installing a new bathroom for her, surrounded not only by the usual loo, sink and basin, but several thousand empty bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body moisturizer, fake tan and hair serum.  He had to arrange a skip for the old bathroom, and I am convinced that the skip's contents will be mainly plastic bottles and containers with an old loo perched on top.

I'm not too sure where she got this habit from of being unable to throw anything away.  I myself have to show real self control when my shampoo is less than half full.  Mind you this isn't because of any OCD issue but more the fact that a less than full shampoo bottle refuses to stay on my wonky shower rack.

And here lies my real issue...

I have been waiting for a new bathroom for the best part of seven years.  Daughter number two has had to wait a measly five months before getting her shiny new en-suite.  So while she harps on about new tiles and taps, I will carry on hoping that the tiles in my shower will continue hanging onto their grim grouting for just a bit longer until the husband can 'fit me in'.

Anybody who is married to a builder will feel my pain, I'm sure.  Along with my ropy old bathroom, I also have a leaking family bathroom, water coming through the office roof in a tried and tested Chinese Water Torture drip, drip, drip and my front door lets in a draught which gets a mention on the Shipping Forecast every so often.

I don't blame him though.  When I used to make cakes for a living in my life before Binland, there was never any cake in the house for him to eat as by the time I'd wrapped the last one up, the thought of starting over again was not one I wanted to entertain.  I expect he'll feel the same about my shower when he returns home tonight.  I have thought about a bit of minor destruction on the tile front, which might chivy him along a bit, but I'm just too honest to look him in the eye and tell him I knew nothing about it.

I suppose I'll just have to be patient.

And maybe bake a cake and woo him with my hundreds and thousands?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...