Getting better all the time...

The Man Flu and Chest Cold continue to run riot throughout the Bird house.  The poor husband took to his bed on Tuesday evening which told me he was really ill, as he's not one to succumb easily.  He's seems a tad perkier today so perhaps the corner has been turned.

Today, I thought some fresh air would help me, so I drove up to Wittenham Clumps (yes, this is a real place) to walk the woofers.  As I walked through the woods, I had a memory creep up on me.  The last time I was here was for Schnauzerfest, the annual fundraising walks for rescued schnauzers which I do each year.  It's almost a year ago when we did this last, and if I'm honest, I have just about recovered from the stress of that Saturday morning.

Reg (who at that time was pre-emasculation) spent the whole morning scrapping with everyone.  As well as the other twenty or so schnauzers this also included Miss R and Mrs S who were there for moral support.  I had to go on ahead you see, as I had to get back to the car park before everyone got back to lay out cakes and homemade dog biscuits.  This left Miss R and Mrs S in charge of my two reprobates and the morning came to a sorry pass with Reg tethered courtesy of Miss R's best leather belt.  I'd forgotten to leave her with the leads when I went on ahead, something she still likes to remind me of every now and again.

But in a few weeks we will be doing it all over again, and I am confident that the now sexless Reg will prove no problem as we walk around with the other dogs.  I will just have to watch Percy who discovered he had a sex drive on the walk last year as I don't want any ladies knocking at my front door demanding puppy support.

Actually, I vaguely remember having the same conversation with son number two many, many years ago...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...