Baby, you can drive my car...

Well.  I survived.  I'm not saying it was easy, and I'm not saying isn't wasn't always pleasant, but it could have been better.  

NO INTERNET FOR FIVE DAYS....

There, rant over.  So ladies, since Thursday I've been in the middle of a field somewhere in Hampshire working as part of the clean up team for CarFest South.  I've done this before, so there was an element of the known, but this year, I was given a job which I hadn't done before.  On Friday morning, if you'd been one of the 20,000 or so campers who walked through the entry gate, it might have been me who thrust a couple of recycling bags into your hand with a cheery smile.  After four hours of this, I was verging on hysteria and have a vague recollection of holding up bin bags and offering one of my kidneys as an incentive to take them.

I was a broken woman by 11.00, and after a restorative pint of cider, I had to do what all ladies of a certain age have to do after some heavy exertion.  Yes ladies, I resorted to a 'lie down'.  Luckily, the husband and I had the Wobble Box to retreat to when required and it only took a couple of hours before I felt vaguely human again.  

The rest of the weekend passed in a flurry of wheelie bin pen tidies, drumming (this will make sense when you see the photos), more bin bags, cars, cider (more than I care to admit to), fabulous music (I narrowly missed out on a kiss from Tom Grennan -my indecent boy crush - who chose a man with a full beard instead of me, which tells you everything you need to ever know).

Talking of boy crushes, the husband found a new talent over the weekend, and my boss is probably considering employing him full time for events such as these.  Between 4am and 10am, he was out on the lorry emptying all the bins, and then after a shower and feed, he was off to the Binland stand where he chatted non-stop to anyone who slowed down long enough.  As I said to him, if the whole construction industry thing doesn't work out for him, then there's a lorry with his name on it at Binland.

But most of all, it was the joy of being with my amazing colleagues for five days.  Not all of them have nicknames (other than Mrs S) so I'll just say that the whole Binland Team were blooming brilliant and did a fantastic job of educating the traders and campers and of keeping the site clean and tidy.

I'm already thinking about next year and whether I can blag the job of putting the wheels on the bin pen tidies.

Well, I am the oldest one after all...











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...