What's new, pussycat?

Well ladies, I have almost managed to de-glitter myself after the weekend's events...

As you know, I was at a festival this weekend as a guest of Jolly Sock Man's parents.  Because the husband had received a better offer involving three mates, a tent and several large motorbikes, this left me free to invite best friend Mrs S as my 'plus one'.  You can imagine our utter joy when a missive arrived in my Inbox advising that Abba clothing was de rigeur as one of the bands at the festival was a tribute to the Swedish songsters.  

Rifling through my dressing up room (you might call it an airing cupboard, but since the kids departed, it's had a bit of a makeover) I failed to find anything vaguely Abbaresque, so I hit the internet, and purchased a rather fetching silver two piece which was perfect.  Mrs S naturally had something in her cupboard.  A Super Trooper poncho and a pair of modified drawers which just about covered her modesty coupled with long white boots.

Mrs S and I had arranged to get dressed on Saturday morning and drive up to Milton Keynes at lunchtime.  We hadn't reckoned on a middle aged lady comfort break about twenty minutes from the venue, and between the car, the loo and Costa, we left a trail of sequins and open mouths as we wafted through looking like a pair of old drag queens.  

Getting to Jolly Sock Man's house, you can imagine my dismay when it became apparent that not everyone had got the same missive about the clothing requirement.  Luckily, daughter number two and Jolly Sock Man had thrown themselves into it with polyester gusto, and after some fortifying drinks, we headed down the lane to where Catfest 2019 was just kicking off.

Let me tell you a bit about what drives lovely Cat and Julian to host this event every year.  It's their way of saying thank you for treatment which Cat received from Action Against Cancer several years ago.  Every penny raised goes to the charity to help people get through the most difficult time in their lives, and as a small charity, you just know that there's no middle man taking their bit before the charity gets what's left.  As a first timer to Catfest, what struck me was the joy at this festival.  A community coming together to support one of their own, and it was humbling to see almost four hundred people, all of them different, coming together with a common purpose.  

If you'd like to take a look at the charity and what they do, try this link:  http://aacancer.org/newsandevents/newambassadors.html.php

Like any small charity working their socks off to give the rest of us a better chance, they welcome donations of any size, and you can do that on the site.  

Alternatively, if you'd like to see some photos of the night, some of them including Mrs S's drawers, just take a look below.

One of my colleagues asked me whether I'd had a good weekend this morning at Binland.  

My response?

'Well I came home with a hangover, a henna tattoo, several blisters and no voice (too much singing), so I suppose you could call it an unmitigated success'.

One piece of advice though.

Never put a cheap sequinned jumpsuit into the washing machine with your husband's dirty clothes.  That man will be finding sequins in places he never knew existed for the next six months at least.... 


























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...