Spend, spend, spend...

What is it that they say about when 'the cat's away'?  Well in my case, it's 'When the cat's way the old bird in charge of the house goes shopping for all sorts of stuff which she didn't even know she needed'.

The husband was away last night you see, and having walked the woofers (twice), done all the washing and clearing up, and done a stint at Binland, I really had nothing left to do except look for a pair of shoes to go with my dress for the renewal of vows in August.  It took me almost three weeks to get all four girls sorted with dresses, but surprisingly, I was slightly easier, and my dress arrived yesterday after a short discussion with my lovely friend who runs this fabulous vintage shop near me.  Take a look at what she does on Facebook (www.facebook.com/emmasvintagestyle/) and you'll get an idea of what I have planned for the Graceland Memorial Chapel on the 7th August.  It's frills all round ladies.

So with my dress bought, tried on and approved of, last night I set to looking for a pair of shoes.  I had planned a simple cream pair, but best friend Mrs S had other ideas.  'You need a pair of shoes which screams YOU', she said.  Well unfortunately, no pair of shoes has ever been designed with wild frizz, one dodgy leg, too much mascara and a penchant for French Fancies in mind, so I did the next best thing and chose the most amazing pair of turquoise and pink shoes which no doubt, I shall never wear again.  

Of course, then I had to find a bag.  That took another hour, and by now, I really had the bit between my teeth.

The following fell into my virtual 'basket' at astonishing speed.

Candles which sit around a patio umbrella.  These are in readiness for a ladies supper I'm doing for some friends tomorrow, and will surely mean that we shall never see the sun again.

A smaller belt as the current one almost circumnavigates me twice.

A china dog bowl as Percy seems to prefer drinking from that.  Melamine has never been his idea of class I'm afraid.

The husband is due back tonight.

It's just as well, as my bank card is weeping in the corner as I write...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...