I can see clearly now...

Big news....I am writing this without the use of glasses.  This after a visit to the opticians this afternoon with me bleating about how I didn't recognise Bradley Walsh on the television last week and how the husband didn't seem to be aging at the rate I was.  The optician was a lovely chap, and after forty minutes of peering at red and green blobs, letters, circles and the inside of his left nostril (they do get up close and very personal with little warning) he came to the decision that I was needing something slightly more robust than the reading glasses I've been clinging on to for the past seven years or so.

Seeing I was a bit crestfallen, he tried to cheer me up by waving what I thought was a selfie stick under my nose.  'You see this stick?' he asked, pointing at it. 'Well no, not really', I said.  This was the cue for the clown glasses to be popped back on my nose again.  'Can you see it now?'  Yes I could. 'Yes', what's it for?'  

Well basically it was a stick which had markings between 1 and 55 on it.  'You are so old you are not on the stick anymore, but with some optical help. you should be around half way up the stick'.

And this was meant to cheer me up...

So I left there clutching a couple of boxes of trial lenses (having put the right one in the left eye, there would be an element of practice needed) and I walked to my car marvelling at the crystal clear world around me.

Getting my phone out, I thought I'd call the husband and let him know I was on my way home.  'Your big, blond, blind bird is on her way home' I said.  'Blonde?'  (See how he picks up on the important stuff).  'Yep', went blonde this afternoon so get ready to remember to comment when I walk through the door in five minutes'.

Well he loved my blonde hair.  'How's the eyes?' he asked.

Peering at him, I replied, 'I can see you properly now.  You are all crisp around the edges'.

The husband shrugged.  'Always felt I was better in soft focus.  Now you've seen me in all my wrinkled glory, will you still be here when I come back later?'

Well of course I will. Love always sees through wrinkles.  

Mind you, there's just so many of them now..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's raining men...

Ain't no mountain high enough...

Diary...